The revolving wardrobe is a challenge for anyone with limited closet space. Winter is over, and it's time to break out the shorts and t-shirts while storing your wollen gear elsewhere.
But where do you keep your woollen clothes? Is it possible to keep them in the garage or attic? Preparing for woollen clothing storage necessitates some effort. Follow our woollen clothing storage help to ensure your clothes look (and smell) great next winter.
Step#1 Launder everything!
Make it a point to disinfect your woollen clothes before storing them, even though they don't seem to be dirty. When it comes to the state of your clothes in storage, it can mean a lot.
What about garments that must be hand-washed or dry-cleaned?
- You may not have ever had the cashmere sweater dry cleaned before. However, you must do so before storing it.
- Since even minor body oils on clothing can attract moths and produce an odour that can be virtually impossible to remove after months, dirty clothes can deteriorate while in storage.
DhobiLite can help!
Get all your woollen clothes cleaned according to your preferences, and delivered neatly folded at your doorstep without any hassle with DhobiLite's best laundry service in Delhi NCR.
Step #2 Use deodorizers
During the hot summer months, no matter where you store your clothes, there's a risk they'll start to smell musty. Fill each jar or garment rack with a few drops of lavender essential oil or dryer sheets.
Natural fibre fabrics should be folded as a general rule. Fold synthetic fabrics in half and sandwich acid-free tissue between the folds. Take a look at the following examples:
- Fold sweaters and stack them in plastic storage bins or cloth storage bags. Mold and mildew can form if you cram a lot of sweaters into one tub.
- Woollen coats - To maintain their form, zip up zippers, button buttons, and gently fold coats made of leather, wool, or fake fur. If you have a real animal fur coat, put it away.
- Remove delegates from plastic dry-cleaning bags and wrap them in acid-free tissue paper before storing them in cotton garment bags.
- Shoes should be packed with tissue paper to keep their shape and stored in plastic bins.
- Boots - Put a boot type in each boot to help it keep its shape, and store them in plastic bins on their sides with a pillowcase or an old shirt between each pair.
- Casual jeans - shirts - Fold or roll and store in a plastic storage bin.
What is the best way to store woollen clothes?
It's tempting to pack your woollen clothes in cardboard boxes. They're inexpensive (or even free) and fold up flat when not in use.
However, cardboard is acidic and vulnerable to water damage. It also has glue and crevices, which may attract bugs and pests.
Use clear plastic totes
- Woollen clothing should be kept in insulated plastic totes to reduce water damage and other mishaps.
- Instead of buying opaque bins, consider purchasing transparent bins. You'll be able to see what you're storing this way.
- Sort like items together and mark each bin by form with a label maker. Sweaters, jackets, and shoes are possible categories for individual containers.
Woollen clothes Storage Hack:
Utilize plastic zipper comforter bags to store woollen clothing underneath your bed.
Store in a cool, clean, dry, dark location.
The two most important factors for clothing storage are cool and dry, and ignoring any of these factors may cause harm to clothing. Since the temperature changes in a garage or attic may be too severe, look for storage locations outside of those areas.
And if you don't have an extra wardrobe, there are several choices for storing your woollen clothing. Make a makeshift table by carving out extra space under a bed or stacking old suitcases.
Consider renting a climate-controlled storage unit in the offseason if your clothing collection is valuable (perhaps you're storing a big vintage coat collection).
Pro-tip to preserve your wools for a longer time!
If the tag on your garment says "Dry Clean Only," don't ignore it. Pea coats and blazers, for example, are highly delicate woollen garments. Contact with water can compromise the integrity of these garments, making them unwearable.
Taking wool sweaters to the dry cleaners to remove stains, preserve their colour, and maintain the fabric's quality is a smart idea. Stain removal experts at DhobiLite are experts at extracting stains from delicate fabrics like wool without causing harm. Furthermore, since dry cleaning is so gentle, daily cleanings will help your sweaters keep their vibrancy for years after you buy them.
It's a good idea to take your wool sweaters and jackets to the dry cleaners at the end of the season, at the very least. Not only will DhobiLite dry cleaners in Delhi NCR strictly adhere to the care mark, but each garment will also undergo a 7-point inspection to ensure that we catch all stains, fix buttons, cut loose threads, and return your products to you in perfect condition.
That's a wrap!
Using these ideas, you can rest assured that your woollen clothing will be safe during the offseason. But, before you put anything away, keep a few woollen clothes in a location where you can get to them quickly in case Mother Nature throws you a curveball.
Are you looking for a dependable dry cleaner in Delhi NCR, Lucknow, Maharashtra, Hyderabad, Varanasi, etc (10+ cities)? Learn more about our high quality standards by visiting DhobiLite. DhobiLite is a premiere online Dry-Cleaning and Laundry service in 10+ cities. From traditional self-service cleaning options to convenient online laundry with pick up and drop-off services, we have got you covered! Just in case you're looking to get your woollen wear carefully washed, DhobiLite's Woolens laundry service is a call away!